museums, knitting, and (sometimes) more

Monday, February 20, 2006

Shopping!

My mother (the second of three readers of this blog) would be so proud of me. Today I went with my hip-sorority-girl (hsg) and downtown-lipstick-lesbian (dll) pals/co-workers to Lord & Taylor and bought a pretty new dress for the "Oscars of the art world" - the Biennial opening. hsg was rooting for something purple and taffeta from the designer sale rack but I was a little too reminded of the dress I wore to my brother's wedding and then wore only once to another wedding where the highlight of my evening was my now-ex attempting to take a nap on the couch at the Harvard Club. Needless to say, I was terrified away from the shiny purple dress and instead bought a cute strapless blue eyelet number- kind of punk-cowboy- that dll approved of. Now all I have to do is bedazzle some cowboy boots and confront my potential date. Sorry y'all don't get to see the dress - I looked for a pic online but no luck, and I think I spent the money I was saving for the digicam on the dress itself. As my scary frosh roomate used to say, "Fashion not function darling!"