museums, knitting, and (sometimes) more

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Geekin' on the subway!


I stole this picture from gleek.net, hope (s)he doesn't mind, but it was the most amazing thing that came up by googling "subway knitting."
The point being, I have achieved total knitgeek subway bliss through the discovery of KNITTING POD CASTS. I listened to my first one today, the adorable Annie Modesitt on KnitCast. So I am working away at my modified v-neck-not-cardigan Lucky, plugged into the Nano, when Ms. Modesitt started talking about how when she was in her twenties and living in New York, she decided to begin working professionally as a knitwear designer. So every day, she would go to a different museum and spend all day in the museum knitting. I about died at this vision of paradise. So check it out. There's another one called Cast On that I just subscribed to, another update after tomorrow's commute!

it doesn't really have much to do with this posting, but for the cutest ipod cozy ever check this out. Not sure if I'd pay five bucks, but M**k C***k will.