museums, knitting, and (sometimes) more

Monday, February 21, 2005

I hate mohair

So I started this cute mohair sweater from knitty about a year ago, got approximately 1/2 way done, and realized that because of my, um, figure it would look terrible on me (the bodice was not ending up in anywhere near a bodice location and it was way too short despite my attempts at pattern alteration.) I threw it in the closet and sulked for a couple of months. Finally, in a moment of intense empowerment, I frogged it. Joy! Until about the third row, Let me tell you, nothing, NOTHING, is worse than unravelling mohair. Except knitting with it again. In a moment of graduate-school-induced insanity, I made the mistake of trying to knit a hat from the frogged wool. After about six rows and six hours of untangling yarn on the subway, I gave up.
But Top likes it.
top mohair