museums, knitting, and (sometimes) more

Monday, July 10, 2006

back to the 9 to 5 grind

(actually, it's 10 to 6, but I don't want to make anyone jealous)

And I'm back to the blog, and the world, after June vanished into a crazy working-every-day vortex.

I have am master’s degree, and therefore should be too smart to write about work on my blog. So I’ll do my best to avoid it. But, as some of you know, I have a new job to go with my new degree, new roommate, and still kind of shiny single status. I started full time on Wednesday, as the museum professionals from former Communist countries have gone home, and therefore I am (mostly) done with that project.

For the past month, I have been squeezing in a few days a week at the new gig, but it felt like I was temping for myself. Now I hope to get down to business and figure out what I am actually supposed to be doing. In the meantime, I am re-learning how to pass for a professional, refining my pre-walking on the subway, and researching lunch places uptown. (Best so far is Kitchenette, even if it is a little pricey for nonprofit everyday.)

But, most happily, I reinflated the tires on my bike, purchased a NOVEL (Apex Hides the Hurt, it's fantastic so far), drank a lot of beer at the World Cup (Viva France! I mean Italy! I mean, penalty kickoffs! Whatever! Woooo!) and got from ebay the remaining yarn for my niece's first present. Soon I will visit museums again, so look for a ramp up on exhibition reviews on this page.